Friday, December 30, 2005

Sore Hip, etc.

ReenRuns

I haven't been here much because I don't feel like much of a runner these days. I've been having trouble with my right hip - It hurts when I run! Bummer - I know! It's better than it was - I think - but then I haven't been running to aggrevate it - and that's aggrevating me!

I went to the Dr again today. He's ordered an MRI and the unit dose 6 day steroid pack. I had a cortisone injection about 3 weeks ago. The MRI's not til Wednesday - so everything is still up in the air until at least then.

The good news is that I got on the treadmill at PT the other day and the Therapist noticed that my right foot turns out a little when I run. If I really concentrate and keep it straight that helps the pain in the front of my leg. But I still have some pain on the side of my leg. It is much better than it was just not better enough.

So - for now I'm riding the exercise bike, working on my core and leg strength and hoping I don't loss too much more running time!

On a different topic - I can't believe 2005 is almost gone - Isn't amazing how quickly time flies?

Here's to a healthy happy and prosperous 2006!

- Reen

2 Comments:

Blogger Lora said...

Keep working on it Reen.....you'll be back out there with me soon!! I'm saving your spot right next to me!

See ya in Lake Geneva--at least we can party!!

6:59 AM  
Blogger Black Knight said...

I also use the treadmill when I don't want to stress my body, mainly after a hard workout. I wish a wonderful running 2006 for you. By the way the robin spend the eve in his new house. Bye (ciao) from Italy

9:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home