Friday, January 06, 2006

Stress Fracture

The bad news... I have a stress fracture in my right hip! I am on crutches for some number of weeks 2, 6 or more - it really sinks!! Obviously no running for a while! I am so frustrated! The only restriction I have is that I can't do anything that causes pain. It didn't matter what question I asked the Dr, his answer was the same - you can do it if it doesn't hurt! The pain is almost not really pain - it's just sort of an annoyance but I'm trying to reduce the annoyance.

The really good news... The Dr. says I will be able to run again!! And I will! I don't look forward to starting over but I'll do that too (since I don't have a choice)!

I'm looking for ways to speed up the healing - so any suggestions will be appreciated!

4 Comments:

Blogger Lora said...

You WILL run again!! And it will all come back fast!! Does it hurt if you run in the pool?
I'll be missing you on the long runs!

2:56 AM  
Blogger Reen said...

Thanks for the support! I can do anything that doesn't cause pain. I haven't tried to run in the pool but I'm going too! I'll let you know! I'm missing you and the long runs too!

1:46 PM  
Blogger Black Knight said...

When I had a problem on my knee I asked the advice of a "running" doctor. The doctor who has your same passion can help you better than a "simple" dr.

11:39 AM  
Blogger Lora said...

Whats the update????? How's it healing?????

10:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home