Sunday, July 02, 2006

Mom's 80th Birthday!


Last weekend my Mom turned 80! 6 of her 7 children, spouses and some grandchildren were with her to celebrate! The weekend went really well - there weren't any humm "personality clashes" - everyone was well behaved! And best of all Mom was thrilled.

I'm going to try and get a picture in here - I have a hard time finding the right buttons. If I'm successful it will be a picture of Mom and 4 of her 5 daughters. OK - it looks like I did it! Mom's in the middle (with her crown on) and I'm right next to her on the left.

On another topic - Yep it's true I got my lazy butt out of bed and went and met my running group yesterday morning - there is always a group of walkers. So - I got to see my running buddies and got a walk in and then we all went to the bagel place. It was really wonderful to be there again! This not being able to run is getting really old! Friday night my husband and I were driving home from seeing "Superman Returns" - (good movie) and we driving part of my running route and I got so sad - I had to hold back the tears! I'm ready to be running again! i guess the good part about this is that once I'm healthy again - I know I'll be back out there as soon as possible - reasonably possible! I don't want to go through any thing like this again!

OK - Gotta Run!

3 Comments:

Blogger Todd said...

Cute Mom.

We did the same thing for my grandmas 80th a few years back. We got everyone back for it it was cool. all 5 kids, 15 grand kid, and like 43 great grand kids.

It was great having you back and I hope you come back more. Reen your awesome

7:29 PM  
Blogger Lora said...

YAY--a post AND a pic!! Now we expect to hear from you more often!!
It's been a long haul for you and you've held up like a real trooper. It just HAS to be almost over--you WILL run again soon....damn we need you out there!!!!

4:27 AM  
Blogger Todd said...

Yes and by we that would be John and Me. Lora go and have your 200 20 something real old women. I would take reen over them anyday.

Yes soon enough you will be back better than ever. I will be sore and battling problems and you will be refreshed and well rested. man in some was I envy you.

6:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home