Monday, May 29, 2006

Not yet...

I was out this morning and I'm just not there yet! I walked a lap on the track and my first 3 minutes and then I started to run - I ran OK for most of the 30 seconds but toward the end it was starting to not feel to good but I kept going. I stopped running after 20 seconds during the 2nd segment and by the 3rd I took about 3 steps and knew I wasn't ready yet! BUMMER!!! I did keep walking and that wasn't too bad and I iced when I got home and it really feels OK! So that's th good news! I guess I'll have to give it some more time. I think I'll try again next Monday!

Oh and I had a great idea - rather than drive to the track I'm going to ride my bike! I have to admit there was a guy on the track this morning that had ridden his bike and I thought - what a good idea! So I'm borrowing it!

And because I'm the eternal optimist - I signed up for the NYC Marathon. Obviously - I won't run it this year even if I get picked but at least this way I'm on the list!

Gotta Run - soon - I hope!

2 Comments:

Blogger Lora said...

We'll do NYC next year if we're picked! Good luck on Monday--I'm keeping my fingers crossed!

3:17 PM  
Blogger Todd said...

Well hang in there. I feel your pain. literally in my foot. My issue is that it will feel fine until several hours later.

I am looking to see if I can run NY but I will run it this year if I can. I want to see if I can beat Lance.

10:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home