Thursday, April 13, 2006

Amazing

I saw the running Dr. today and he gave me very unexpected news - I can start walking again (for exercise) and when I can walk 4 miles in 1 hour and walk one lap on the track on one of the lines all without pain I can start a walk/run program!!! Yippee!! I went for a walk tonight. It was slow and only about a half a mile and there are a few twinges but all in all not too bad! I really didn't expect that news at all - I think I'm still in shock! I hope I was accurate in my descriptions so I haven't mislead him. He said if it starts really hurting again - I should stop walking/running and call him! He seems to think that the pain I described is all muscular and will work itself out as I use it again! I hope he's right!

The running Dr thinks I'll be ready to run a half marathon by the fall - there is one less obstacle to Rome! :-)

Gotta Run (and soon I will be)!

5 Comments:

Blogger Todd said...

yeah Reen. I am so excited to hear your news. jsut think soon you will be able to either walk with Pat on saturday mornings or something else. :) I miss you much.

7:51 PM  
Blogger Lora said...

oh my gawd, oh my gawd, oh my gawd!!! This is awesome news!! You can come out on Saturday mornings and be with the walkers if ya want!!! Haight will be biking again this Sat if you're innerested.
I'm soooo excited for you!!!!
WE GOT OUR REEN BACK!!!!! WE LOVE YOU DR NICOLA!!!

4:10 AM  
Blogger Haight said...

I am?

8:09 AM  
Blogger Todd said...

I guess you are haight. you have no choice now.

8:56 AM  
Blogger Reen said...

I know it's so cool!

6:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home