Sunday, July 16, 2006

Only you...

can prevent tooth decay - that was a commercial wasn't it? That thought came to me this morning while I was out for my long fast walk (Drs orders - you know) - brain sludge! OK - I was really thinking about how I've been letting my lack of (or really slow) progress discourage me and keep me from doing my exercises and walking and of course that makes things progress even slower! I'm coming out of it though and my new thought is I'm the only one that can make this better - so get up and do it! That worked this morning - I got up early and went out for a 5 mile walk! I did my 5 miles in1 hour 13 minutes and some seconds (I don't remember exactly) - the really good part of that was all the miles were under 15 minutes/mile - fairly decent pace!

So - my commitment to myself and to all of you is that I will do my exercises and walk at least 5 days this week. I will get up early in the morning and make myself a priority! I am the only one that can make all this a memory!

I ordered a runner's ID today from RoadID.com. I got one of everything (well almost)! Anyway I couldn't decide which would be the best method for taking it with me so I got them all wrist, ankle, shoe and shoe pocket - the name plate is interchangable and the accessories are relatively inexpensive so I figured I'd just pay the shipping once! I'll let you know how my little experiment works out! I ordered one for my husband too - he's a biker - not a runner! I can't wait to get it! Last year I had the CARA one but since I'm not in a training program this year - I need an easy way to take my ID with me - just in case!

Gotta Run!

2 Comments:

Blogger Todd said...

yeah getting started is so hard. keep up the good work. I know you will be back sooner than latter. I am hitting the lake so I will not end up like you

4:31 PM  
Blogger Lora said...

OMG...SHE'S BACK!! No pain while walking I will assume, right??? This is awesome!!

Keeping true to strength training and stretching is a forever battle, just as losing weight is. My small injuries are proof of that kinda silliness. So let's keep each other encouraged.

Haight and I are going hiking on Sunday (7/23) up at Ice Age, would you guys join us?? It's great strength training for the quads and calves!!

p.s. You nut for buying all forms of Road ID---now I know you're really back!!!!! :)

5:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home