Monday, August 07, 2006

Lunges bring hope!

I was truly starting to think I was going to have to give up running/walking for fitness - my hip has just continued to give me trouble. But yesterday I was surfing the net and got the idea to do some lunges. I did a few of them in PT but we decided I wasn't ready and never went back. So anyway I decided to try again and see what happened. I did 5 lunges on each leg and instantly my hip felt better! Apparently the pain I've been feeling has been a tight muscle/tendon or something and the lunges helped stretch it out! Yippee! So I did some more this morning after I walked 2 miles (in 28 minutes). The walk went pretty well - it wasn't completely painless but it's getting better!

So's here the plan ... I'm going to be very diligent about my exercises (including lunges) and walking this week and try to run/walk again starting next Monday! I sure hope this works!

Gotta Run!

2 Comments:

Blogger Todd said...

Alright Reen. You go girl. I can not wait for you to be back. Yeah now that you are getting closer to getting back now would be a good time to stech everything. start out nice and loose and it will go a long way to preventing more injury

6:14 AM  
Blogger Lora said...

I like this plan. What about a masseuse??? A weekly visit for awhile might be just what the Doctor ordered!

2:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home