Thursday, September 07, 2006

Healing Stress Fracture

Yep - that's what the MRI shows - healing not healed! CRAP!!!! That explains my symptoms - SHIT!!!

OK - so here's the plan - back to PT starting tomorrow - no exercise that isn't in the pool or at least not weight bearing! Absolutely no walking or running - Yes he wanted me back on crutches - No I'm not using them - my shoulder just won't tolerate that - he agreed! So - I'm not to stress it! He wants me to walk in the pool at least 30 minutes everyday - longer if possible! I'll get really strong and if this damn thing ever heals i'll be ready to run! He's hoping that when I go back to see him in 6 weeks I'll be able to start my walk/run program (again)! I hope so too!!!

He also mentioned the "S" word - yep surgery as an option - they could do a bone graft - we didn't get into the details and I hope I never need too!

I called the Y when I got home to check pool hours and the lap pool opens at 5:00 but the other pool doesn't open until 6:30 - that stinks!! I'm going to have to check out another gym/pool facility and see what I can find!

I guess Lora will have to find someone else to run her in at Chicago - I definitely won't be ready! CRAP!!

Gotta Run!!!

4 Comments:

Blogger Todd said...

man I could not wait to hear your news and now I wish I was still waiting. Man poor Reen. I am so sorry to here the results. I know lifetime fitness has 5 lanes just for lap swimming open 24/7. It costs a little more than Y but I do like it. I just wish it was closer to home.

8:32 PM  
Blogger Lora said...

CRAP! Okay....one step at a time. Make sure you do your best to do that pool walking. And you need to BURN those crutches. Get rid of their bad spirits.

Maybe you should hire someone to get rid of any bad spirits in your home! A guru, an ashram, a rabbi--WHATEVER!
Well....at least you'll be strong from the pool. And you'll be burning calories.

Damn...I need to go boxing so I can beat the crap out of someone. Enough, I say, Enough!!! LEAVE REEN ALONE YOU BAD FORCES OUT THERE!!!!!

4:12 AM  
Blogger Todd said...

Wow. I am so glad Lora is helping out those poor poor half marathon people. They can feel her wrath. Last thing I want to do is start boxing with me. There are alot of things I like to do with her but boxing is not one of them

6:02 AM  
Blogger Travis said...

thanks for the birthday wishes. Sorry to hear about the results. I had a stress fracture a while back and had to lay off the running. I took up biking and swimming and really did not lose much (if anything) on the running side of things in terms of speed

8:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home