Saturday, November 25, 2006

Injury - 1 year and countinng

Well - it was 1 year ago today that I was last able to run!! I can't beleive it's taking this long - I am very, very sad today!! I can't stop crying which I know is really stupid because I have so much to be thankful for - it's just that I worked so hard to get there to actually be able to run and I vowed I would keep running after the marathon - I really want to be a runner! It's been a tough year - and I still have some sort of pull/pain when I walk at anything other than a regular pace/distance!

Of course - I've gained weight and my clothes don't fit me! Always a reason to cry! ;-)

My husband has been great but he's had enough too! So - I try not to ask him to do too many things - especially things he always did anyway - but they are not getting done and it's really hard - for the record - I given up on clearing up the piles of stuff, the dishes and taking out the trash (those things get done when they get done) - what I would like this morning is to be able to use the hot tub - we have one of those awesome always hot - hot tubs in the backyard (yes - another thing to be thankful for) but we haven't been in it in months - he doesn't put chlorine in it regularly and my shoulder doesn't allow me too - so there you go!! Now the fact that my back has been so very tight from not being able to sleep in positions I usually do should mean that I spend more time in the hot tub not less!!

Did I tell you that now my stomach is bothering me from the drugs after surgery and probably my anxiety over this 1 year anniversary? I've never had stomache problems in my life - until now! So - now I'm trying figure out what, when and how much I should eat that won't bother me! My sister the DR - recommended Prilosec otc which I have taken for 3 days now - it's helping some but it's not perfect yet!

One thing truly does lead to another - so take good care of yourselves - stretch, ice and listen to your body - so you don't end up like me!

I'm sorry for all this whining!! Thanks for listening!

5 Comments:

Blogger Todd said...

hey Reen hang in there. It should be over soon. It is hard and painful. I know this year I been plague by injury most of them cause by my own stupidity. You are right about stretch and ice. I do not do enough of either but this year has taought me alot about that. You will be back before you know it. Life will be back to normal but when you come back take to slow and take it easy.

1:23 PM  
Blogger Lora said...

OK Girlie--time for some alternative medicine?? I have someone for you...CALL ME!!!

Enough is enough!!

love n miss you!!!

5:01 AM  
Blogger Black Knight said...

Please think positive. Start again to plan a new running program. Enjoy the time you will spend with yourself to recover strenght and happiness. About 10 year ago I had a long stop because during the training I fainted 5 times without any reason. Nobody understood why but I didn't surrender, I ran 10 minutes, 15 minutes, no matter. My son or a friend were with me by a bike to check me. Now I am on the road again. Please be in good spirit and start again! Never surrender.

8:04 AM  
Blogger Black Knight said...

Where are you? Please come back to the running-blogging world

9:09 AM  
Blogger Black Knight said...

Happy New Year Reen!

12:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home